Located in the central-eastern section of the eastern Andes mountain range, under the jurisdiction of the departments of Boyacá, Arauca, and Casanare.
This is one of the few places in Colombia that has year round snow covered peaks. Not only will our destination be breathtaking, but the journey to get there will have us crossing landscapes unique to this region of Colombia.
From day 1 we will be riding stunning twisties and dirt roads in the Boyaca region, with the first overnight stop in Sogamoso. The following day we make our way to the National Park, the following day we get off the motorcycles and throw our legs over horses that will take us on a beautiful ride through the park and to 4400 Mts.
On the last couple of days we will be making our way back to Bogotá with an overnight stop in the lovely colonial town of Barichara. IMPORTANT: This tour is for experienced riders, off road skills are a must.
- February 02, 2019 – February 11, 2019
- June 08, 2019 – June 15, 2019
- 1 Free Day: Bogotá
- 1 Free day: Cocuy National Park
- 6-8 Hours
- This tour is 50% paved roads and 50% Off Road, that fact alone makes our itinerary unpredictable. There may be delays in our schedule which will be based on things that are out of our control. Weather, road conditions, water crossing delays are some but not all of the things that could impact our schedule. Varying from small portions of very good highways to extreme conditions such as dirt and gravel make this trip “The Real Adventure”. For riders with very good Off Road skills. Passengers not recommended.
- Twisty mountain roads.
- Guavio and Chivor lakes.
- Eastern Plains.
- Chicamocha river.
- Cocuy national park.
- Horseback ride.
- Barichara colonial town.
- Motorcycle of your choice
- Motorcycle insurance with excess of U$ 2.000
- Certified Tour-guide
- Support vehicle
- 4-5 star hotels
- A57 Apparel
- Tour handbook
- NOT INCLUDED
- Tickets to and from Bogotá
- Visas (if needed)
- Medical insurance
- Alcoholic beverages
- Any personal expenses
- Lunches and dinners
- Entrances to tourist attractions not mentioned
- In Colombia temperatures can vary between 10°C to 40°C (50 F to 95°F) depending on what region we are in. While driving over the mountain passes, temperatures can drop for short periods of time but generally we go from warm to hot weather. It is recommended to ride with ventilated riding gear. Rain suite or liner is highly recommended to protect you against low temperatures through the mountains. Possible short rain showers can occur year round.
Intermediate – Advanced. Combination of paved and off road.
Off road experience is highly recommended. Depending on rider experience, passengers OK.
|BMW F700GS||US$ 2.790||US$ 3.195||US$ 4.230|
|BMW F800GS||US$ 3.105||US$ 3.510||US$ 4.545|
|BMW R1200GS||US$ 3.330||US$ 3.735||US$ 4.770|
Free Day Bogotá. Riders meeting and motorcycle pick up. During your short stay you can visit the gold and emerald museum. The historic city center and the Botero museum among others.
Bogotá – Honda. Today we will head northwest trough the most fertile land “Savanna de Bogota” making our first Andes pass and making a quick stop at Aremero. We will drop down to 0 MASL arriving to the colonial town of Honda.
Honda – Manizales. A relatively short ride but filled with twists and beautiful scenery. From 0 MASL going up the Letras mountain pass at 3600. If the weather is good we get to see the snow covered peaks of Ruiz Volcano.
Manizales – Medellín. A stunning ride awaits today taking the beautiful roads through the coffe region. We embark on a road that follows the Cauca river turn by turn and takes is to the beatiful Santa Fe de Antioquia visiting the Bridge of Occidente.
Free Day Medellín. Medellin was awarded the most innovative city in the world in 2013. Attractions like the Metrocable, Plaza de Botero or Pueblito paisa are just few to the things we can enjoy during our stay in Medellin
Medellín – Planeta Rica. Today we head north toward the Atlantic coast and two third of the way we will stop at Planeta Rica, one of the most important cattle raising regions in Colombia. Here we will taste one of the most delicious beefs in the world.
Planeta Rica – Cartagena. Half way through our tour we will arrive to Cartagena a UNESCO world heritage site and best preserved historic centers in the caribbean.
Free Day Cartagena. Today we can head to the beach or visit some of the cities attractions such as the fortress of San Felipe, Cerro de la Popa or just hang out in the city center and enjoying local cuisine that will leave you breathless.
Adventures 57 Off-Road Academy
Congratulations to Luis Alejandro, Andres, and the entire A57 team. An intense, demanding and very well planned and executed course; I had never demanded so much on a motorcycle. Since yesterday, the smile on my face has not been erased. Expected from now the advanced level
The lanyard would have been useful, the support vehicle fulfilled its function and helped us a lot. I would have liked the diploma and the photos but I have understood they give them to us later. Otherwise excellent tour and I do not miss the next …
The off-road option must exist on this tour. The quads must be rented in Merzouga near the dunes, so you do not lose so much time. In addition to this the experience was spectacular and highly recommended. I want to go back and bring some friends …