Join us for a fantastic 10 day tour. We will ride from the country’s capital, Bogotá (nestled high in the Andes at 2600 mts) towards Cartagena and the caribbean.
On this short yet fullfilling tour we will go through some of Colombia’s most iconic locations in order to arrive to our destination. We will get a small taste of the coffee region coupled with a relaxing bath in natural hot springs.
We will also explore Medellín, a city that for many is perhaps the most beautiful of the country. And all this will be done while we ride some of the twistier roads in the nation.
A perfect combination of rest and riding, this tour will have you leaving Colombia with a big smile on your face.
- April 06, 2019 – April 15, 2019
- October 12, 2019 – October 21, 2019
- 10 (including arrival and departure days)
- 1 Free day: Bogotá
- 1 Free day Medellín.
- 1 Free day Cartagena.
- 4-8 Hours
- This tour is 90% paved roads and 10% gravel and dirt, varying from very good highways to small sealed back roads with some potholes. Many twisties and several Andean mountain passes, seaside roads and extreme scenic mountain routes. For riders with touring experience, good curving skills, the ability to ride small portions of gravel and dirt roads and manage heavy traffic in big cities. Passengers OK
- Honda colonial town
- Coffee region and hot springs
- Sighting of the Nevado del Ruiz
- Andes mountain range pass
- Cartagena UNESCO World Heritage site
- Motorcycle of your choice
- Motorcycle insurance with excess of U$ 2.000
- Certified Tour-guide
- Support vehicle
- 4-5 star hotels
- A57 Apparel
- Tour handbook
- NOT INCLUDED
- Tickets to and from Bogotá
- Visas (if needed)
- Medical insurance
- Alcoholic beverages
- Any personal expenses
- Lunches and dinners
- Entrances to tourist attractions not mentioned
- In Colombia temperatures can vary between 10°C to 40°C (50 F to 95°F) depending on what region we are in. While driving over the mountain passes, temperatures can drop for short periods of time but generally we go from warm to hot weather. It is recommended to ride with ventilated riding gear. Rain suite or liner is highly recommended to protect you against low temperatures through the mountains. Possible short rain showers can occur year round.
Novice – Intermediate. Mostly paved roads.
No off road experience required. Passengers OK.
|BMW F700GS||US$ 3.100||US$ 3.550||US$ 4.700|
|BMW F800GS||US$ 3.450||US$ 3.900||US$ 5.050|
|BMW R1200GS||US$ 3.700||US$ 4.150||US$ 5.300|
Free Day Bogotá. Riders meeting and motorcycle pick up. During your short stay you can visit the gold and emerald museum. The historic city center and the Botero museum among others.
Bogotá – Honda. Today we will head northwest trough the most fertile land “Savanna de Bogota” making our first Andes pass and making a quick stop at Aremero. We will drop down to 0 MASL arriving to the colonial town of Honda.
Honda – Manizales. A relatively short ride but filled with twists and beautiful scenery. From 0 MASL going up the Letras mountain pass at 3600. If the weather is good we get to see the snow covered peaks of Ruiz Volcano.
Manizales – Medellín. A stunning ride awaits today taking the beautiful roads through the coffe region. We embark on a road that follows the Cauca river turn by turn and takes is to the beatiful Santa Fe de Antioquia visiting the Bridge of Occidente.
Free Day Medellín. Medellin was awarded the most innovative city in the world in 2013. Attractions like the Metrocable, Plaza de Botero or Pueblito paisa are just few to the things we can enjoy during our stay in Medellin
Medellín – Planeta Rica. Today we head north toward the Atlantic coast and two third of the way we will stop at Planeta Rica, one of the most important cattle raising regions in Colombia. Here we will taste one of the most delicious beefs in the world.
Planeta Rica – Cartagena. Half way through our tour we will arrive to Cartagena a UNESCO world heritage site and best preserved historic centers in the caribbean.
Free Day Cartagena. Today we can head to the beach or visit some of the cities attractions such as the fortress of San Felipe, Cerro de la Popa or just hang out in the city center and enjoying local cuisine that will leave you breathless.
$3,100.00 – $5,300.00