During these 12 days you will fall short of breath several times. Not because of the altitude, but because of the jaw dropping landscapes, roads and attractions.
You wonder if 12 days is enough to see Colombia? It is plenty! We will ride from Bogotá towards Honda and then Armenia, spending a free day in the coffee region. We make our way towards Medellín, Colombia’s second largest city, where we have a free day to explore.
From Medellín we head towards Guatape Reservoir and La Hacienda Napoles, Pablo Escobar’s former farm, now turned tourist destination. From Nápoles we climb the Andes and arrive to Villa de Leyva, a lovely colonial town nestled in the mountains 4 hours away from Bogotá.
We spend our last night in this colonial town and arrive to Bogotá the next day, where our adventure ends.
- March 02, 2019 – March 13, 2019
- July 06, 2019 – July 17, 2019
- November 03, 2019 – November 14, 2019
- 12 (includes arrival and departures days)
- 1 Free day: Bogotá
- 1 Free day coffee region
- 1 Free day: Medellín
- 6-8 Hours
- This tour is 90% paved roads and 10% gravel and dirt, varying from very good highways to small sealed back roads with some potholes. Many twisties and several Andean mountain passes, seaside roads and extreme scenic mountain routes. For riders with touring experience, good curving skills, the ability to ride small portions of gravel and dirt roads and manage heavy traffic in big cities. Passengers OK
- Coffee Region
- Honda Colonial Town
- Hacienda Napoles (Pablo Escobar’s former farm)
- Guatape Reservoir
- El Puente de Occidente (the first bridge to span the width of the Cauca river)
- Jardín, Antioquia. (Some people say the most beautiful town in Colombia)
- Sugar cane plantations
- Motorcycle of your choice
- Motorcycle insurance with excess of U$ 2.000
- Certified Tour-guide
- Support vehicle
- 4-5 star hotels
- A57 Apparel
- Tour handbook
- NOT INCLUDED
- Tickets to and from Bogotá
- Visas (if needed)
- Medical insurance
- Alcoholic beverages
- Any personal expenses
- Lunches and dinners
- Entrances to tourist attractions not mentioned
- Colombia is a year-round destination, particularly along the Caribbean coast and in Medellin where warm, dry weather is prevalent for almost the entire year. The dry season in Colombia is from December to March, but even outside of this period, weather variations are determined more by region than clearly defined seasons. The main differences of note are in the highlands, where nights become chilly in areas of higher altitude. The lowlands enjoy a tropical climate year-round with little temperature variation, though more frequent rain showers will be noticeable in the wetter months of April to June and again in October and November.
- Temperatures can vary between 10°C to 40°C (50 F to 95°F) . While driving over the mountain passes, temperatures can drop for short periods of time but generally we go from warm to hot weather. Ventilated riding gear is highly recommend and a rain suite or liner comes out very handy to protect you against low temperatures through the mountains. Possible short rain showers can occur year round even during the dry season.
Intermediate. Mostly paved, little off road.
Little off road experience is recommended. Passengers OK.
|BMW F700GS||US$ 3.720||US$ 4.260||US$ 5.640|
|BMW F800GS||US$ 4.140||US$ 4.680||US$ 6.060|
|BMW R1200GS||US$ 4.440||US$ 4.980||US$ 6.360|
We will spend part of the day doing a tour briefing and handing over the bikes. A city tour of Bogotá can be arranged or you can visit the amazing gold museum, as well as the Botero and Emerald museums.
Bogotá – Honda. Today we will head northwest trough the most fertile land “Savanna de Bogota” making our first Andes pass and making a quick stop at Aremero. We will drop down to 0 MASL arriving to the colonial town of Honda.
Honda – Armenia. We ride from Honda to the heart of the coffee region. Mostly mountain roads with mountain passes at 3600 Mts If time and weather permits we will visit the beautiful Cocora Valley. We spend the night in a lovely farm turned boutique hotel.
Free Day Armenia. On this day we will have plenty to do for those who want. We can organize a tour of a coffee plantation along with coffee tasting. The afternoon is yours for relaxing, horseback riding, bird watching.
Armenia – Jardín. To begin this day we set off towards the beautiful Cristo de Belalcazar. Then begin our way towards Jardín, Antioquia. Known as the most beautiful town in Colombia. Nestled in the mountains and surrounded by coffee plantations.
Jardín – Medellín. We ride down the mountains and meet the Cauca river. Most of the ride today will have us hugging every turn of the river. We stop for lunch in Santa Fe de Antioquia, a lovely colonial town. Then we head towards “Puente de Occidente”.
Free Day Medellín. We have an exciting rest day in Medellín. A city tour can be arranged that will take you to the most iconic locations of this beautiful city, We will visit public libraries, museums amongst others.
Medellín – Guatape – Nápoles. We set off mid morning towards the gorgeous reservoir of Guatape and El Peñol. For those with strong legs we can climb the iconic rock of El Peñol and see the beautiful landscape this reservoir provides.
Nápoles – Barichara. On this day we will make our way towards Barichara. A lovely and very well preserved colonial town in the Santander department. The first half of the route will have us riding on relatively flat roads, then we will hit some twisties.
Barichara – Bogotá The first half of the route will have us riding on relatively flat roads as we make our way through the Magdalena valley. The second section of the ride will be dirt roads that will have us riding down into the Chicamocha canyon.
Adventures 57 Off-Road Academy
Congratulations to Luis Alejandro, Andres, and the entire A57 team. An intense, demanding and very well planned and executed course; I had never demanded so much on a motorcycle. Since yesterday, the smile on my face has not been erased. Expected from now the advanced level
The lanyard would have been useful, the support vehicle fulfilled its function and helped us a lot. I would have liked the diploma and the photos but I have understood they give them to us later. Otherwise excellent tour and I do not miss the next …
The off-road option must exist on this tour. The quads must be rented in Merzouga near the dunes, so you do not lose so much time. In addition to this the experience was spectacular and highly recommended. I want to go back and bring some friends …
$3,720.00 – $6,360.00